A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sew what?

 I like dresses. Every day, nice, flattering, but not ornate dresses. These are next to impossible to find. So I am going to try and sew a few. I got the fabric, the thread and the pattern...now I just gotta figure out what to do next!

I found these sites to help me:

All these "lost arts"...I think it's a shame. Everyone looks like cookie cutter repeats of everybody else. Time for some more originality and creativity!  I'll let you know how it works out.

1 comment:

Diane said...

This is a great pattern. I think you'll love it. It's the perfect style for a "little black dress" to wear with scarves, pearls, etc. Let us know how it goes.

(I'm so glad you posted again. I was getting worried.)