A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Sunday, May 22, 2011

My pond is back!!!


A horrible winter and either shifting earth or a boy playing airsoft,
( we aren't sure which) knocked my beautiful angel into the pond face first!  The boys brought her out again, but then there was a rip in the pond liner.  Joe cleaned the pond and patched the tear and then filled up the pond. Oh! I love, love LOVE my little seating area! Isn't it great?
I planted hydrangeas and we set up the gate I found at T.J. Maxx last winter.
                                  All I need now is new goldfish! Woo Hoo!!!

4 comments:

TravelDiva said...

I can't wait to sit there with you in July!

Heidi said...

I am glad your angel survived her topple into the pond. She is wonderful! What a great area to sit and relax.

It is such a thrill to see comments from you on my blog. I hear that everyone loved the book so I am anxious to start on it. I came home and took it out of my Amazon shopping basket as I had been going to order it.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Lady Suzanne/Sue said...

Oh....so glad you got it all put back together!! It's such a lovely place to enjoy God's creation.

Sue

Marqueta (Mar-keet-a) said...

My, what a pretty place you have here! Your angel statue looks beautiful; I'm glad she has her place back by the pond.

And congratulations, as well, on getting back into shape! "It's never to late to be who you truly are." :)

Love,

Marqueta