A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ben's graduation

Another one of my boys has graduated H.S. and is moving on.  Ben is raring to go! He leaves for Army basic in the middle of August.

Joe's attitude is, "When are the rest of them leaving?" Mine is "Why do you have to move away? You could live here for nothing!" 

Ben is MY son. He's the most like me. Which is probably what scares me the most! LOL He's going to be great, though. I know that. He is so talented! I'm just floored by this young man's ability with a camera. And now he is going to make it a career.

The ceremony was at 8 p.m. and lasted about an hour and a half. Afterwards, the grads were loaded on to buses and taken to Senior Bash, an all night  party hosted by the parents of graduating seniors. This year it was held at the YMCA.  Joe and I chaperoned and I think everyone had a really good time!

It's just so weird thinking of my children, my babies, as grown ups. They certainly don't DRESS like it sometimes (2 different kinds of plaid in one outfit? OMG!(. Or eat like it (Candy bars for breakfast?  Really?) But none the less it true. Now I can only pray that God keeps them safe and blesses their dreams. And that they remember to call home once in awhile.
I love you so Ben! And I am so very proud of you.

6 comments:

TravelDiva said...

How awesome! Congratulation Ben!

Storybook Woods said...

Congratulation and what a proud mama you must be!! Clarice

Diane said...

Such sweet pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us AND
Congratulations to Ben!!

Laura said...

Congratulations and best wishes to your son!

My oldest son just graduated high school on Wednesday and is now off in Arizona at his college orientation...where DO the years go?!

Best wishes,
Laura

Michelle said...

congratulations to Ben!

Granny Annie said...

They must leave but we don't ever have to "let them go".