A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My fishing trip

Remember these:   

I found one at a yardsale last summer and I was determined to use it on this beautiful morning when my husband suggested we go fishing. "" What?" you ask..."You fish too??"  Yes. Yes I do.




There I was in the wilderness with my pocket fisherman. I could feel the eyes of dangerous beast sizing me up, but I was undaunted!!
Joe went to another part of the pond with his fancy- shmancy open face reel. Hu! All he could catch was this:
I tried not to laugh! Mwaaaaaa!  Because I caught 7...yes I said SEVEN of these:
Sure they were tiny, but think how much more difficult it is to catch a tiny fish! Why the great big one that Joe caught could have just brushed by his hook and been caught. It had much more surface area!!!
Yes, you too could be a big wheel freshwater fisher woman if only you had
a pocket fisherman, like I do.
Go ahead and eat your heart out. I don't blame you.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Heeeheeehe! 7? See you almost had a meal and think how tender your little fish would be compared to Joe's monster fish. You so won that round!

Melanie Daryl said...

Haha, cool! River fishing is a very good past time, and it's always good to have some kind of competition. You should get a net next time and I'm sure you'll catch a lot of fish, haha.