A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's that time of year again: Football season!!

Yesterday was the Blue and Gold Scrimmage at Marcus Whitman High School. They divided up the football team (Varsity and J.V.) to make 2 teams and they played a game of football.

 Jim is first string Varsity tackle this year. He's HUGE and that stint on the track team last spring has increased his speed and endurance. Yep. This fall he is a force to be reckoned with on the field!
 The short guy in this photo with Jim, is not so short coach. Jim is now 6 foot 3 and probably 225. That's my baby boy! LOL  It's really hard for me to fathom, even when I see him everyday. You know those car commercials where the dad is loaning the car to his daughter and he is leaning in the window giving last minute instructions and the girl behind the wheel is maybe 6?  That's exactly how I feel about my children!
Here's to a successful Wild Cat season!  Goooooo Jimmy!!! Goooooo Cats!

3 comments:

Granny Annie said...

That commercial should win some kind of award. I cry every time I see it and think about when that child was one of mine...and now each my grandchildren as they go off to college and the military.

Tell Jimmy to be careful out there!

Joe Pollhein, Sr. said...

Awesome post, Terri! I often think: "how did he get so freakin' big?!?"
Great job, Jim! Stay focused and play like a champion.

Diane said...

I'm still remembering pictures of 5 little children playing in the farm pond. We love that commercial, too, and completely understand how you feel. Are you wondering if he's going to get any taller?!!