A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A change of plans for me and a very STRONG suggestion for those of you with young daughters or granddaughters

I was going to brag on my son Jim today. Last night he sacked the quarterback not once, but twice!  I am so proud of him. I am so proud of all my boys and I love them with all my heart.

But, I have a daughter. She is such a joy. She is the light of my life and I try to tell her that every day.

This morning I read a children's book that I picked up from the library. I had heard about it somewhere and wanted to read it.

OMG! I read it in bed. I put the book down and with tears in my eyes I said, "WOW". 
My husband, who was laying next to me said, "Wow what?"
I handed him the book. He read it and with tears in his eyes he said, "You should get this for Gilli for Christmas".   And I am going to do just that.

Go get your hands on this simple beautiful love letter from a mother to her girly, and when you're done weeping at it's beauty, I'll bet you will be buying a copy for that special girl in your life too.

2 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Sounds great not just for my daughter but for my granddaughters.

Life in the Big Grey Victorian On The Corner said...

Annie, this is such a lovely little book. Please go find it. You won't be sorry!