A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Friday, October 28, 2011

Introducing...

PFC Benjaman Victor Pollhein fresh from Army Boot Camp at Ft. Jackson, SC!  

I grew up on Army bases. I have always been enamored of soldiers. Heck! I married one! But having a child who grows up to be a soldier is a whole other ball of wax! A mixture of pride, awe and sheer terror! LOL

But it was all pride and awe this week when Joe and I went down to Columbia to attend family day and to watch Ben graduate from boot camp.  My baby boy all growed up! And how!  In 10 short weeks, he is more physically fit, more confident and more determined then ever to follow his dreams.

So thank you to everyone at Ft. Jackson for all they do to build up our children into American soldiers. The best Army in the world and the folks we have to thank for preserving our freedoms! God bless you each and every one!

2 comments:

Diane said...

I know just how you feel and this picture is full of memories for me. Both Jason (still a soldier) and Dustin are/have been in the Army.

Ben does look so very grown up. As I've said so many times, "the best time as a parent is when you're children are grown and you're proud of the adults they've become".

Great job Terri and Joe!! Give Ben a hug (tell him it's a handshake from us).

Granny Annie said...

I am thankful for your fine son and the sacrifice he is prepared to make for our country. My husband is retired military and we support our troops. I, however, do not want any of our grandsons or granddaughters to join the military. Isn't that awful? Our oldest (age 21) is preparing to go into the Marines as I write this.