A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Monday, November 14, 2011

Day #14

I am grateful for the work I have to do. Yes the very same work that you will hear me complaining about is a blessing and I know it!  How fortunate I am to have my "dream job"! How many people wish they could stay home and take care of the house and kids and just can't do it financially? Oh, I am VERY blessed! 

I love cooking and decorating and being with my kids. I am not so crazy about washing dishes, but that means we have food to eat to dirty up those plates! Or ironing, but that means we have clean clothes to wear!  Or vacuuming, but that means we have a cozy home to shelter us! Even the things I don't like doing are blessings.  How great is that???

2 comments:

Granny Annie said...

I love having found a housekeeper and I can relax. (After I take care of the chickens and goats.)

Diane said...

It's truly a blessing to have the luxury of making your home your hobby. I love walking into each room and thinking about what I can do to add a special touch.