A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day #16

(Psalms 8:3-4) When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Today I am thankful for the glories of nature! I drove home the other night under the most glorious, star lit night sky, with this gorgeous full moon lighting my way.  It was breath taking! How fortunate I am  to be able to witness such wonderous creations just by walking out my door. 

The next day was a beautiful, sunny, autumn day.  The last of the fall colors fluttered down to the ground. My little dog Win was having a ball running through the piles of leaves the kids and raked together.  You had to laugh at the fuzzy little goof ball! He was just so joyous!

Everytime I look at the sky, day or night, cloudy or clear, I am reminded of the greatness of my God. And for that, I am truly thankful

3 comments:

Diane said...

He does provide us with so much beauty here on earth that we have to wonder what's waiting for us in Heaven.

Terri said...

I know! I sometimes think maybe it will be like that Robin Williams movie "What Dreams May Come" where his heaven is a work of art! Literally.

Granny Annie said...

It will be a "peace that passes all understanding".