A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Friday, November 18, 2011

day #17

Today I was thinking about all the second chances of gotten in my life. I am very grateful for second chances.
I have been forgiven for my sins. Not just on the day I was baptized or on the day I was confirmed, but everyday.  Each morning that I open my eyes I start out with a clean slate.  My God is loving and merciful.

But second chances aren't just about forgiveness. There's the second chances in business, in love and in life. You know the old saying when one door shuts a window opens?  That's so true.  You just got to have to courage to get up and try it again.  Not always easy when you're tired or your poor heart is bruised...but the second chance is there  you just gotta go get it.

1 comment: