A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day #18

Today I am grateful for the ability to communicate.  From old fashioned hand written letters sent snail mail (which I dearly love to send and to receive) to skyping where we are able to see and speak to people we love who are far, far away in real time.

I am grateful for the handshake that says "I'm happy to see you"  and that hug  that  I receive that  communicates to me that I am loved and valued.

I am grateful for that homily that, if I didn't know better, I would swear was written just for me! (Oh, yes! God does speak to us...you just have to listen).

I'm grateful for the newspapers that let me know what is going on in my world.

And I am grateful for this little blog that allows me to share my life and experiences with people like you!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Speaking of...which one of us owes the other a letter? You have truly motivated me to write real letters more often and I love opening the mail box and finding a letter from you. Although, I love opening your blog every day and finding news about you and your family or things you've found to share. So, this is truly another great blessing.