A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Sunday, November 20, 2011

day #19

Today I am thankful for all the little things that make our lives a little prettier...a little more comfortable. The Christmas decorations taken lovingly out of storage to make another holiday appearance. That favorite comforter.  The new candle with the lovely scent and the warm glow. 
Things like this don't have to cost much. They just have to make me smile. And that my friends, to me, is priceless.

3 comments:

Granny Annie said...

I share that feeling. Each of our traditional Christmas ornaments share special memories.

Paula said...

The little things are what it's all about! Today I am thankful for the warm fire in our fireplace and my husband who is home safe from Alaska and drinking coffee with me.

Ellen said...

Hi Terri, I wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very blessed thanksgiving, and was extremly happen to see that Ben gets to wear his civies..LOL