A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day #3

  I am grateful for my children.  I had always wanted a family of my own, but as I mentioned yesterday I was 29  before I ever married, so never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be blessed with FIVE wonderful kids, to drive me crazy, worry me to death, to keep me running and to bring me such joy and contentment as I had never known before.
  All 5 are completely different from one another. It's surprising considering they have the same parents and live in the same environments...even go to the same schools!                                                                          
There's Joey, who is a clone of his Father. Smart and tough and ready to take on the world!
   There's Ben who's wicked sense of humour and quiet determination that has surprised and delighted us all.
  Jim, my big clown. Always the performer, he loves the limelight. 
  My Matty who (up until recently when the teenage hormones came ROARING into play) is my angel. Able to talk to anyone about anything. We have always said, he would either be President or the youngest greeter in the history of Walmart!
 And then Gillian. The girl we waited so long for. She is the total package. Pretty, smart, talented, athletic...and kind. She amazes me every single day.
   How I ever got blessed with such an amazing mix of phenomal human beings is a mystery to me. I can't explain it, I can only enjoy and be grateful for their love.  (And to be totally honest with you, I get a kick out of quite a lot of that craziness too! LOL)

1 comment:

Granny Annie said...

I raised my two children on my own and we had so much fun that my dad would often say our household needed some adult supervision. I always pity parents that cannot enjoy their kid's "craziness".