A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Friday, November 4, 2011

Day #4

  We have moved A LOT. People have moved in and out of our lives, but there is a core group of folks who have been there through all the drama, trauma and excitement!  They have seen the good, the bad and the ugly! These are my friends and I am so thankful for them.

 Some are my besties from home. I love them for letting me learn who I was. Home life wasn't always easy for me, so the theater became home. And in every theater there seems to be a group of "regulars"....these were my peeps!  LOL   My Lord, the stories they could tell (DON'T YOU DARE! I know some too, after all!) We shared many adventures and I can talk to one of them after months or even years apart and it's like we are picking up from yesterday. (I was "the baby" of that group. This is funny to me now, because I am 51 and STILL the baby! LOL Ya'll are OLD! )

Liz

Diane

Ellen

There are the friends of my young adult life. These folks knew me at work as a medical professional and outside work as a nutcase!  These folks endured the drama of my and Joe's courtship and marriage and helped me welcome my babies into the world. They taught me what it was like to be a grown up. What love and commitment are. They are examples every day of the kind of person I want to be. I love them with all my heart.

Then there are the friends of the moments. People who, through the years have come in and out of my life. Who have cheered me and lifted me up. Who have shared their lives with me for a little while. Just because they are not in my life anymore does not mean I have forgotten for a moment the debt I owe them for their kindness and caring.

I think that God brings people into our lives when we need them. Or when the need us. But always just at the right moment. True friends are a great blessing and a priceless gift for which I am most grateful.
Larry, Charlie, Jeff and Bruce

Lisa, Ron and Me
 
Mary Beth (and Billy)



2 comments:

Granny Annie said...

We have been here almost six years and have many "acquaintances" but our friends are all in different towns throughout the U.S. Phone calls are helpful, but oh how I miss the shared moments around the kitchen table with coffee talk. Sometimes I feel like my blog friends are my chatting pals.

I just notice your recipe for artichoke dip on your blog sidebar and shall make that today. Oh it sounds wonderful!

Diane said...

It is true, I believe, too, that God gives us friends when we need them. I'm enjoying following your daily blessings.