A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Last week I journeyed to far off Philadelphia to visit the Philadelphis Museum of art. It was the closing week of their Van Gogh exhibit. It was organized chaos, but well worth for me!

At the beginning of the tour we were given audio devices. Several of the paintings had numbers. You simply typed in the number and the appropriate narration played. Really well done!

Vincent is one of my favorite artists so many of the painting seemed like old friends.
Others were completely new to me. This one is said to be his last painting. It broke my heart:
It was a wonderful adventure. And we even had time to see the liberty bell, independence hall and Ben Franklin's grave.

Thanks Philadelphia for such a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Diane said...

You are forever enjoying the arts. I think it's wonderful that you have inspired your family to enjoy it as well.