A poem by J.F. Conant

He who loves an old house never loves in vain. How can an old house used to sun and rain, to lilac and to larkspur and an elm above-ever fail to answer the heart that gives it love?

Sunday, January 6, 2013



Our hearts are sore because our Ben will be deploying in a week. I knew this day might come. I married into the Army. I have 2 sons currently serving and I am so proud. But my mother's heart wants to wrap my arms around my child and keep him home and safe. But that's not how it works. So I ask our heavenly father to wrap his arms around my baby and to keep him safe.



I love you, pal. We will wait for you to come home before we celebrate Christmas again.  You know how cranky that's going to make your sister, so hurry on up!!!  God's speed!

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'll add Ben to my prayer list. Please keep us updated.